June 2004: Dave moves into house and ripes up carpet (while I was on vacation-well, actually on a mission trip - GREAT timing on my part!).
August 2004: Dave begins the kitchen project.
September 2004: Dave & I get engaged.
August 2004 - April 2005: Dave works on the kitchen.
Helpers included: Me, Jacob L., Jacob M., Moms, Paul, Cory, Grandma Hawkinson and Bethany (I'm sure others too!).
April 2005: Dave and Becky get married and the kitchen is pretty much complete. We just do minor touch ups on it.
Then, if we're not crazy enough, in I think September 2005 or so we start the master bedroom. No pictures available yet, because we're still kind of working on it. We took 2 small bedrooms and made one big bedroom with a large walk-in closet. Thenn right after that was done (still needs carpet and new furniture), we started working on the bathroom. We've taken 2 small bathrooms that butted up against each other to make one large bathroom! We had to make another bedroom a little smaller, but stil good size. And while this is all happening, we decided to get new windows in the house (13) and new siding. I'll post a pic of that soon!
It's been crazy! Fun facts about this project:
1) We couldn't shower at our house for 7 weeks (Thanks, Chris & Amy for helping us)!
2) We couldn't use the toilet for 2 days (Thanks local gas stations and McDonald's for the use of your facilities).
3) We used the kitchen for 12 weeks to get ready in (sink & handheld mirror).
3A) Dave decided that he wasn't going to trim his gotee (sp?) until after we got a mirror...well, he waited a long time, but had a work funtcion, so he shaved about 2 weeks early! Here are some pics to see:


I THINK THAT HE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER NOW!
That's just my opinion :).
So that's what we've been up to!
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment