Thursday, October 12, 2006

Texas is all about BIG BIG BIG!

I went to Texas last weekend for work again. This time to a conference for youth leaders. It was really good. Now, there are three things that happened that you may or may not consider BIG! But, they kind of are to me, I guess . . .

1) I didn't bring motion sickness pills and I was OK! Praise the Lord! I can give myself motion sickness by simply driving - yes, driving. Not being a passenger, but the actual driver. I got on the plane and realized that I forgot to pack those wonderful little pills that keep me from throwing up on my neighbor (OK, I have not actually done that, but I felt like it!). And all was well - there and back! Yeah!

2) I got to see a real life bachelor - from the TV show "The Bachelorette". Yes. Seriously. I've been looking for a pic of him online and I honestly, can't remember his name - I only remember that he was good looking. I guess he was on the show with Meredith and said that he didn't want to sleep with her or something. I don't watch the show, but you fanatics out there probably know who I am talking about. I did say "Hi" to him as he sauntered by my booth in jeans and a "wife-beater" (tasteless) shirt. He nodded. Wow. My brush with fame.

3) I got to find all about how cows get pregnant and give birth. All I can say is gross, gross, gross and GROSS! Thanks Emily for all the details :).

On to other things. . .
It's stopped snowing, but it's really cold. The bathroom remodel is on the home-stretch and my sister is getting married in less than a month!

2 comments:

Felecia said...

Look at you! Working a great job, not throwing up, rubbing elbows with celeb's and getting a new potty! (Though it may not be my life, I'm very content with yours!) Welcome home:)

Mandi said...

Hey girlie, it's been a month, where are you???