The last of my stepbrothers got married on Satuday. Nick and Melissa got married at Hamline United Methodist Church. It's on the Hamline University campus - where they met. It was hot, but really nice. Out of 6 of us K.../T... kids, only 2 remain - both T's. I think that Lizzy would like to get married as soon as possible, but Mark is in no hurry, nor is his girlfriend, Shelly. I think that my mom is OK with that, because I don't know if she could handle another wedding right away :) Four weddings in 2 years is a lot. Ha ha.
The wedding was really nice. Nick and Melissa looked wonderful and so happy. Melissa is such a nice person. So cute and funny! She is one of the nicest people I have ever met...really. So sweet. Her and Nick are really good for each other. The reception went well too. A nice meal, a nice dance, a pretty calm DJ, although the garter toss was a little bit PG13 - which he facilitated. He made Nick get her garter without using his hands, and in this crowd, well, I was embarrased for them. Oh well. They did good.
Then yesterday, after attempting to scrap paint on the exterior of the house and then prime, we went to Paul's (stepdad's) sisters house for a gathering. We gave up on the house repair because it was so blasted hot! We had fun over there, chatting and eating. What else do you do at Minnesota family functions?
Anyways - things are going well. Work is keeping me pretty busy, but it's been pretty slow on the phones, which is good because then I can get other things done. The house is kind of at a standstill right now, until we have some more money. Softball starts in a few weeks and Dave's band is actually going to do a show in a couple of weeks - so once that starts, I'm sure our lives will change a bit.
Enough rambling. Talk to you all later!
2 comments:
Hey girl!
Good to read your update...your family HAS had a lot of weddings in recent years! Don't tell, but I liked yours best! (of course...I didn't go to the others, but...) :)
I need to call you back! Sorry I missed you the other day. I will call soon (maybe even before you get this!)
Love you!
Holly :o)
I'm so glad you posted. I have been thinking about you in your newly married bliss. I'm glad to hear the wedding went well and you have a new sister-in-law who seems to be great.
How's work going? You ahve to post some pictures of your house, I'm eager to see how it looks! Are you guys on a loftball team together?
Post a Comment