Every week my grandma and I get together to go through all of her old photos from the past 60+ years and organize them. My grandparents have just thrown all of the pictures that they have taken and received from people into boxes. They have many framed, but the other 99% have been in this cardboard box for years! They offered to pay me to help them go through them (yes, I am taking the money that they offer :), but I also love doing it!); we have thrown many away - really, how many pictures of the cabin do you need? Pretty much any picture that doesn't have people in it, go in the trash. It's been so much fun to see my family's history through pictures. My grandma tells me stories about her mom, her brothers, my mom and uncle...it's been wonderful. But makes me sad too. It makes me sad to know that I won't have my grandparents around forever. I love them so much. When my parent's divorced, they really came in and helped us. They've always been a major part of my life. I know that I am, well they are, pretty lucky to be in their late 70's and doing well. They are very active (my grandpa is helping my uncle paint his house) and for the most part, pretty healthy. But I can't imagine my kids (when I have some) not knowing Bob and Rose.
So this post goes out to Robert and Rosemary The best grandparents ever! Thank you for your time, your gifts, your advice, your stories, and your love. I love you both.
4 comments:
What a sweet post... I'm crying now, thanks!
What a treasure you have in loveing gandparents. Make all the memories and hold on to all the moments. Life is so fleeting. It sounds like this is a great opportunity for you to be a "record keeper" of your family history! How fun is that?!
I feel the same about my grandparents. My brother and I are the only ones out of 13 grandkids that have kids and I am so glad that my children have gotten to know and have relationship with them. It's just precious. And the thought of losing them breaks my heart.
Glad you blogged, was missing it!
Post a Comment