Today we had our 21 week ultrasound. 21 weeks - that's crazy. I can't believe that I am over half way through this pregnancy! I'm feeling really good and realize that in a couple of months, I may not be saying those words.
Today's ultrasound was great! Baby Hawk is progressing well and falling in the "normal" scale of everything. There is nothing to be concerned about. The only bad thing during the ultrasound is that I almost fainted! I was laying on my back for about 15 minutes when I started to get really hot and lightheaded. I asked if I could sit up and then I felt better. It's true when they say you shouldn't lay on your back because you cut off blood flow. Dave noticed that I wasn't looking so good - he thought that I was reacting to the news that we are not having a girl but a little boy!
Yup, our little bundle of joy will be dressed in blue and not pink. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed at first (and still really warming up to the idea), but this is exactly why I wanted to know now and not when the baby is born. I now have time to fall in love with boy clothes and learn how to make car noises and burp loudly (wait, I already do that - yes, I do and I am proud of it!).
Dave of course, is very happy. He wanted a boy first. He has always wished that he could have been a "big brother". We have all nephews - so he'll fit right in! Now, I hope that my sister (who is due in July) also has a boy. She really really (and I mean really) wants a boy. It would be great if she did and then our kids could be BFFs (do boys even say "BFF"?). Then for the next round we can bring on the girls!
I'll post some pics soon of my ever-growing belly and maybe the picture that reveals all. It's OK to post that, right?
5 comments:
Well I am a little sad too because I would have loved to have little girls close in age... But I know you will love having a boy!! Once he arrives- you will instantly fall in love with him- and wouldn't change it for anything. I will start keeping my eyes open for little boy clothes now! :)
i thought for sure it would be a girl. so now i am the one that is going to have the girl. what a crazy world. I guess we will see in a few weeks.
such exciting times, yes deffinately post pictures, those are the most precious ones to see:)
YES! Post the penis pictures!! Bring them on! You will love having a boy, and there's always time for a girl. You guys said you wanted five kids too right?? *wink wink*
CONGRATULATIONS! I understand that disappointment, but as Emily says, you won't even feel a twinge of it when that little one is laid in your arms. He will be ALL YOURS and so very loved.
(Check Gymboree for cute boy clothes. And Carter's, of course. Lately, I think the boy clothes have come close to being as cute as the girls.)
Post a Comment