Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mickey Update

As of today, Wednesday, we have seen no more mouses in our house. I know that mouses isn't the correct term, but I like it. :)

On Moday night Dave took some steel wool and plugged the hole. Later that evening, after we got back after working out (YES! We joined a gym!! - CRAZY), we went to see how the steel wool was holding up. I am holding the flashlight, and Dave is lifting up the Tyvek house covering that is hanging over the hole and I gasp "Oh! Oh! Oh!". There, 2 inches from Dave's hand, is a mouse hanging onto the side of the house. We're assuming dead mouse's brother, trying to get in (probably to free his bro)! Mouse #2 froze as the light shined on him. Dave jumped back, mouse leg go of the house and fell to the ground and scampered away. We both looked at each other and started laughing. What else could we do?

So things are looking good so far! I hope that it stays this way!

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Have you ever heard the saying "there's never just one ant?" The same one applies to mice :)

Mrs. Hawk said...

Mandi - Don't jinx us! :)

Felecia said...

Ack!!! I'm still reeling afte the mental image of little Mickey dragging a mouse trap across your laundry room!

We had a similar situation last winter after installing new carpet. The little bugger made it all the way up into MY BEDROOM and found itself a cozy spot in MY CLOSET!!

I assure you, though, it was just the one. After making an example out of Mickey, the other's are sure to get the message;)

Me & My Crazy Boys! said...

Glad to hear that your castle will be safe from all Mouses!

Mandi said...

I'm sorry...I'm bitter about mouses....I'm sure you'll be fine!