Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Movie Mania

Wow! I've seen a ton of movies in the last two months. Here's a list (no particular order):

Theater
*Oceans 13 - good, but could have saved some money and rented it.
*Mr. Brooks - interesting, disturbing, strange - could have gone without seeing it.
*Waitress - loved it! Not too many good morals, but I really liked it!
*Pirates 3 - liked a lot! The end was OK, I would have written it differently :)
*Die Hard 3 - SUPER GOOD! I didn't think that I was going to like this one, and I did! The guy from the Mac/PC commercials was excellent!
*Harry Potter 5 - (I have not read the books) - I thought that it was kind of boring. I could have rented it. (Don't shoot me, Harry lovers!)
*Ratatouille - EXCELLENT - GO SEE IT!

DVD
*Breakfast at Tiffanys - a classic that I love
*Big Fish - I LOVE THIS MOVIE! See it if you haven't!!!
*Prestige - wow. Very interesting. I dreamt about that movie all night! The end was disturbing.
*The Good Shepherd - BORING. And I dreamt about it all night.

Not sure why I blogged about this, but it was on my mind. :)

2 comments:

Kelly @ Love Well said...

You would laugh for 13 minutes straight if I told you have many movies I've seen in the last 12 months. (It would amount to approximately 3.)

BUT! We did take the kids to see "Ratatouille" the weekend it opened. Loved it. Very cute. A little boring at times for a three-year-old boy, but he enjoyed the scene where Remy is in the uniform biting the chef. (Who wouldn't?!?)

And Corey got "The Prestige" on Pay-Per-View two weekends ago. I had never even heard of it, which is strange, because I read enough online that I've usually at least heard of movies involving big stars. But this one didn't ring a bell.

And I completely agree with you -- it was engrossing in a disturbing kind of way. I had a hard time going to sleep that night, even though the movie didn't finish until 1:00 AM and I'm pregnant. And ever since, I can't stop thinking about it. I'm sure some of its punch had to do with the fact that I knew nothing about what was coming. But still....

Mrs. Hawk said...

Kelly - I KNOW (about "The Prestige"). Seriously, I couldn't think of anything else that night either. It was so disturbing. And only 3?! Is that what happens when you have kids? :)