Friday, April 06, 2007

Hawkinson Happenings

March was a very BUSY month for the Hawkinson Clan (AKA Dave and I). But, it all started in February with my brother's wedding. Here is a picture (not the best) of the happy couple - CONGRATS MARK & SHELLY! Here are a few other pictures from the wedding:

(Dave and I; Lizzie, Mom & Mark; nephew Baby Jake; Nick and server [he couldn't carry all the drinks!]).


Other March happenings: We went with three other couples to Duluth, MN for a marriage retreat. Back in January I was thinking about how I missed going on church retreats. It's like you grow up and those things stop. So, my friend Holly and I organized this retreat. I didn't know how it was going to go, but it went great! We did a couple of studies - 1 as individual couples then 1 as a group. We had a great time of worship and communion. This must be what the early Christians did. It was so refreshing to have time with the Lord, with Dave and with some of our best friends. We hope to make it an annual tradition - but we'll need a bigger place next time cause some of our friends are starting to have babies and adopt!


Here are a few fun pictures:














My brother, who is 15 and lives in FL, came to visit us last weekend. He's a good kid, but he's having a lot of problems in school. He's making poor choices and is having a hard time at home. He's been in a few different schools, and yeah. So, Dave and I and Lizzie & Jake invited him up for the weekend. We had a great time! Hopefully we can be a positive influence in his life. High school can be really hard, and you don't always want to talk to your parents about what is going on. We hope that this weekend will start a relationship with him. With him living in FL and us in MN and being so many years apart (15 for me!), we've never grown up together, and quite honestly, we don't know each other. So, hopefully this weekend will start us to be better siblings. We want to be there for him and want him to know that we love him and care for him.

(Jake, Lizzie, Cayman and me).
So! That's what's been going on. Today I have the day off and I am just enjoying that I can blog. A couple of friends are coming over to scrapbook and watch "girl movies". So I better run! Talk soon!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Was good to hear an update from you!! Glad things are going well :)

Mindy said...

love you beck. It's just great to catch up on your life! :o)

Jes said...

Yea, that was a fun trip to Duluth. I was going to blog about it too but didn't have any pictures to go with it! I agree that we have to do it every year. It was so refreshing and fun to hang out with you guys and everyone else!