Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mrs. Hawk

My first blog. Wow. Am I now internet savvy or what??? I thought that my first blog should be all about the wedding and honeymoon and how wonderful everything is. And all that is good, but right now I am having a "freaking out moment" and thought that would be a juicier read :)
I am now Mrs. Hawk. MRS. HAWK. It doesn't seem real. Really, I've been Becky T... for almost 28 years. How do I just switch to Mrs. Hawk? Mrs. Hawk is Dave's mom - not me.
Okay, perhaps I am freaking out just a little bit with the name change thing. I went to the DMV today and officially made the switch on my driver's license. I like the name Hawk, and to be quite honest, I think "Becky Hawk" sounds pretty good :), but it's so surreal. There have been so many changes in my life right now - getting married, moving, new job - maybe I am subconsciously rebelling to all the changes by freaking out with my name.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't run out of the building screaming "NO NO NO" or anything like that. I smiled for the camera, signed the red line "Rebecca A... Hawk", paid my $8 and left. Which I think was the right thing to do, ha ha.
Anyways -
The wedding was fantastic. The best I've ever been to, if I do say so myself :). The honeymoon was awesome! We were in Italy for 2 weeks. Absolutely amazing. Marriage thus far has been great. We are not settled in, and by the way the house looks right now, don't know if that will happen until 2008. Visit then.
This concludes my first ever blog. Please respond so that I know that I am not writing words into mere space :)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Mrs. Hawkinson (your name sounds like a heroine in some book, by the way) you are not writing into space. I am eager to read all of the goings-on for the new Hawkinson family as the marriage progresses. Congratulations on everything!

Mindy said...

A word about "Team Members": I signed up as a team member so I could post this message, but you probably don't want me to be a team member. Right now you have it set up so friends have to sign up (to POST on your blog) to leave a comment. I'm thinking that's not what you want. you can set it up so they don't have to join your blog (then no one can post or edit things but you) but they can't post anonymously either. you just have to change your settings, that's all. :o) Call and I can help you over the phone (Oh, and I wn't be offended when you kick me off your blog!! :O)

adventuregrl said...

Hey girl!

Thanks for letting me in on your blog--you are SO internet savvy! And I can imagine you'd have a few 'freak out' moments with your new name (and probably a few other things)...but just think of them as 'getting used to it' moments!

I miss you sooooooooooooo much. I think I'll go to Caribou this Friday morning and get a Lemon Cranberry muffin and a chai and pretend I'm talking to you. Everyone there will think I'm a freak--but I don't know anyone in this town, so that's okay!
Love you,

Holly Lou :o)
PS--I signed up as adventuregrl--who knows where that came from! Anyway--it's late right now, but maybe I'll do a blog thingy too. Sounds like a good way to track my crazy life right now!

Jax said...

Hey girl! Hope this works...read the new post. I love Italy!!! I can't wait to see your pics...

Jax